Thursday, April 26, 2012

DC Unlimited WoW Illidan Demon Form review

       Pretty much, this is just a revision of the same review I had posted a long time ago (coughlastyearcough). Reason why I did so was that the old review really didn’t talk much about the figure and it really sounded newb-ish and moreover, the pictures sucked (I hope the new ones are better). By now, I think I can make a better one than the last one.
                I really didn’t take pictures of the box of this statue since it is pretty much useless anyway once you take out the figure and display it in the open provided that you are not a MISB (Mint In Sealed Box) collector. One thing I could say, though, is that the box is freakin huge. For those who collect SIC or at least know how big the boxes of SICs are, here’s a comparison of the size of the boxes.


                 Anyway, enough of the box and on to the statue. I term it as “statue” because, well, it is exactly almost like a statue, meaning it doesn’t move, meaning no articulation. Well, it would be wrong though if I say that there’s no articulation.
                First thing I could say about this thing is that it is seriously heavily detailed. The material used for the body and wings of this figure is somewhat unfamiliar to me. I know how PVC’s texture is like. Same also with ABC. Well, one thing I could certainly say is that the material is pretty tough and heavy. The wings are made of the same material for the body. As for the hair and horns, it’s made of bendable rubber-like plastic. As for the blades, clear green plastic.
                Paintjob is just astounding. Combinations of splashes of dark red paint and black are found throughout the figure. Well, last I remember was that the color of Illidan when he goes into Demon Form is just pure smoking black. I don’t know if they somehow changed how he looked in WoW. I don’t know since I really didn’t play WoW that much. It is rather a surprise that they actually didn’t follow that concept yet actually this one looked quite well. The green marks on the body are of a contrast between light green and green.
                As for stability, this is just where it falls a bit short. If you had been observant when looking at the pictures, you could’ve seen those papers that I put under its feet. If you are thinking that it could not stand well, you are right. This one actually has a base stand but mine broke (gonna get to that part later). Moreover, if you connect the wings, there is absolutely no way you can display it without using the base stand or something to support the back. More is that the connection of the wings and the body isn’t all too good. I don’t know if it’s just on mine though but whenever I try to push the right wing into the socket, there’s a little part that will slide out. This may sound like bitching but seriously, they should have at least fixed the stability of the statue even though if it is only without the wings instead of us relying too much on the base stand.
                Well, if you are thinking if this one has any bit of articulation in it, it’s sad to say that this one is a statue, not an action figure. Though actually, you can move the head into different directions since the connection of the head and neck is a ball-joint type connection. Besides that and the blades’ handles can swivel up and down, there’s really nothing else.


I actually wonder why he looks fuckin pissed off. xD











Seriously big holes for the wings...






                  Now we get to the main selling point of this: the wings. The wings are just too huge. I think the total height of the figure from the feet up to the tip of the wings is about 12 inches. I really didn’t bother to measure it but I am certainly sure that it is that big. The serious downside for this part: the statue becomes back heavy. If you still recall when I said that my base stand for this broke, I shall explain now. I displayed this thing out of its box for a long time and most of those times, it started to droop backwards. Of course, I often fixed it into its rightful position. But then, one day, I just came home and saw that the pegs of the base stand that are inserted into its feet just broke and the statue lying on its back. Pretty much, I can’t say that it’s the other people in my house since they really don’t give a fuck about these things. So if you are planning to get this or if you already have, I advise you to display it with something to support its back. Right now, I am displaying it with a Tamashii Base Stand as a support for the back.











Overall
             Pretty much, I think you can already expect what I am going to say. Well, I'll just say this simple sentence, "Shut the fuck up and go buy one now." xD


No comments:

Post a Comment