Friday, January 14, 2011

HMM Blade Liger Mirage

This is my first Zoid and my first HMM (High-end Master Model) and I say, I really, REALLY like this thing. Two things that I liked about this thing:
1. No stickers.
2. So many parts.
Sadly, as the price is really painful for my wallet (hey, I'm just a student) there is nothing special about this kit besides the great details. I got this thing for 3,600 philippine pesos (bought it from Coldfire Gundam in Facebook). I really am happy that I got this model because, IMO, this model is really good. The white parts are pearl white and the claws, teeth, and blade are gold color, making this piece rather lively when displayed.

Anyway, on to the pics.
Photobucket

Basically, this is the upper side of the box. Never mind the sheet of wet decals (those are for my MG Unicorn).

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

After popping off the lid of the box, this are what you will get:
Photobucket

Yes, gentlemen and ladies, it's a sea of plastic. I counted the runners (including the small ones) and I think the number of runners in this kit is about 50 runners. That's really a lot.

As for the manual, it is a 26 page manual full of ZOID stuff and whatnot.
Front:
Photobucket

Back:
Photobucket

Well, this thing took me 5 days to build (each part of the body took me about 4 to 6 hours to build). This thing is really complicated. Each part has so many parts that are needed to build it. But at least it was a fun snap building for me.

Fortunately, I took some pics of the parts before I put them on.
Head:
Photobucket

This part took me 6 hours to build. I dunno if I am really just a slow builder or this thing is really complicated. Still, this part of the liger is my favorite because the teeth are really sharp and a lot of movable parts for this part.

Upper torso and ZOID core
Photobucket

Body:
Photobucket

Weapons:
Photobucket

I tells you, the blades are really long and pointed at the end.

Tail:
Photobucket

Feet:
Photobucket

Claws are pointed and this part has the ugliest nub mark I ever seen in a plastic model.

Legs:
Photobucket

I did a little height comparison to NG 1/100 00-Raiser and I say, it is rather short. Well, that still does not change my opinion about HMM Blade Liger Mirage though.

And completed model plus height and size comparison again:
Photobucket
Photobucket

Though it is a bit short, it is still rather quite large if you compare the body sizes. And this thing is a real beauty after building this thing. Let the following pics justify my opinion:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Methinks BL Mirage does not like 00-Raiser.

Photobucket

Everything in this model is just perfect IMO except for the decals. Dunno if it is just me but the decals are rather more fragile than the ones intended for gunplas, thus, me ending up ruining many of em. Still, I at least managed to place do the decaling decently.

Photobucket

So anyway, that's it for my HMM Blade Liger Mirage. Hope you liked this post. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment