Friday, September 16, 2011

SIC Diend Review

Well, this is actually my first Tamashii Web Exclusive SIC. The price I paid for this thing...damn...I never thought that Tamashii Web Exclusives would be so expensive at first. I paid 4500 Philippine pesos for this (equivalent to $100 at that time).
Anyway, let's get on with the review.
BTW, I was able to manage to borrow my cousin's DSLR so that's why the shots are actually a lot better than my past reviews. I hope I'd be able to borrow his DSLR all the time. xD

THE BOX


The brown box of exclusivity...


It's actually weird for me that this SIC box has no window.


THE FIGURE
For SIC enthusiasts, we could already see that the mold that they used for SIC Diend was the Decade mold. I don't have the SIC Decade yet but based on the pictures that I saw on the internet, there are a lot of similarities, namely the elbows, the legs, and the crotch (or so it seems...). Articulation of this thing is pretty poor. The arms can't move freely because of the huge pauldrons and chest. As for the articulation of the lower torso, it is fine. The visor on the face is actually made of clear blue plastic and the chest, ABC plastic, methinks? The only thing I see that is kinda awkward are the panel lines. On some parts, there are a few overlapping paint smudges but hardly noticeable actually. I guess I just don't like the color of the panel lines because the panel lines matches the color of the body.
Kamen Rider Barcode!

ACCESSORIES
Well, more like accessory only actually. The only notable accessory is the gun (I dunno the name of it). It actually has the nifty gimmick that you could slide it out so that you could put the card in it. The only nitpick I found was that it's kinda not accurate to the one shown in the tv series. The tv series one has a hole where Diend inserts the card before sliding the lower part out. In this, there's actually no hole. Well, it really does not bother me that much.

The other accessories only consist of 6 cards (one of Diend, Final Kamen Ride, Ixa, Skull, Orga, and Kabuki.) and a paddle-shaped plastic which you use for poking out the card inserted into the gun.

ACTION SHOTS

Final Kamen Ride...D-d-d-d-diend!

CONCLUSION:
Articulation: 3.5/5 (pretty meh...)
Design: 4.5/5 (though it actually is show accurate, there is still the SIC feel in it. Hell, how should I explain it?)
Accessories: 2/5 (only the gun is the notable accessory. The cards...I kinda feel that those are pretty useless.)
Price: 2/5 (seriously not the price that I thought I would've had to pay for it)
Verdict: 3/5 (though I actually love this SIC for being an exclusive, I kinda feel that spending on a regular 2-in-1 pack SIC is actually a better choice. But then, knowing that this is a Tamashii Web Exclusive, this thing would really cost a lot more after a year or so. To get or not to get, well, that's your choice since I know that for one, only a few people actually care for Kamen Rider Diend. lol)

 "Hell, review's over."
"Time for me to disappear"
Kamen Ride...Invisible

1 comment:

  1. nice review bro ;) unfortunately I do not have Diend and I think I will not get one as well, price is too much.

    ReplyDelete